This page contains materials for the Game Development Middleware (NSWI160) course that is/has been taught during winter term of 2019/2020 at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. The course is/was backed up by Jakub Gemrot (email@example.com).
Mondays 9:00, SW1
How to pass the practice
Create 3 games!
Each game has “baseline” requirements and “advanced” requirements. You must pick one game and implement both baseline and advanced requirements. The rest of games must meet baseline only (at least ;-).
- Unity (choose one)
- Unreal Engine 4
- Phaser 3
- Game 05 – Classic Shooter – Web
Slides are containing additional links, sometime a lot 😉
Lab 11 – 6.1.2020
- Phaser 3 time!
- Phaser 3 Labs Example Crossroad
- Document with links to essential Phaser 3 examples
- We will be using TypeScript!
- We will be extending the Shooter example on StackBlitz (Forked from the base code)
Lab 07 – 25.11.2019
Lab 06 – 18.11.2019
Lab 05 – 11.11.2019
Lab 04 – 4.11.2019
- Slides Unity IV – Rendering and things around that
Lab 03 – 21.10.2019
- Slides Unity III – Intro to Physics, Tilemaps and Animations
- Birds Flocking
- Unity Project
- Search for TODOs and finish the implementation
Lab 02 – 14.10.2019
- Slides Unity II – Unity UI basics
- Clicker game steps – A game stub we will be coding during the second half of this lab
Lab 01 – 7.10.2019
- Slides Unity I – GameObject, MonoBehaviour, ScriptableObject, Scene, Unity and SCM, Serialization troubles, Basic Editor hacking