This page contains materials for the Adaptive Music and Interactive Audio (NCGD009) course that is being taught during winter term of 2020/2021 at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. The course is backed up by Adam Sporka (adam dot j dot sporka at gmail dot com).
Lectures – Thursday 15.40–17.10, SW2 (or online due to pandemic)
Seminars / Labs – Thursday 17.20–18.50, SW2 (or online due to pandemic)
Adaptive Music and Interactive Audio
The course focuses on game audio, i.e. design, production, and implementation of sound effects and music in video games.
- Introduction to Game Audio
- Audio Signal Representation
- Introduction to Adaptive Music
- Adaptive Music in FMOD Studio
- Adaptive Music in Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Techniques of Audio Synthesis
- Audio Signal Processing
- Sound Effects
- Sound Effects in FMOD Studio
- Glitches in Game Audio
- Project Presentations
- Game Audio Tutorials Discord (https://discord.gg/kD4zh5r)
- GameDev Matfyz Discord (https://discord.gg/8DcvWPD)
To complete the course, please do:
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2a or 2b
Assignment 1: Sound Effects
- Assemble an audio bank (FMOD Studio or Wwise) with sound effects.
- Integrate it in a video game or another interactive application.
- Due by Week 8
Assignment 2a: Audio Synthesizer
- Use it in a video game or another interactive application.
- Due by Week 14
Assignment 2b: Adaptive music soundtrack
- 5+ minutes of length
- 3+ different pieces of location-based music
- 1+ combat/boss music scene with a PvP adaptive music structure
- Due by Week 14
Software for this course was financially supported by the OP VVV project „Zvýšení kvality vzdělávání na UK a jeho relevance pro potřeby trhu práce“ kept under number CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_015/0002362.